Happy Valentines Day!
The past few years I have always been single when Valentines Day falls, and so have my friends, so we usually have little card swapping, cava drinking, nice food eating get togethers. This year is no exception, when you read this I’ll be at Sinead’s house hopefully drinking wine and doing relaxing things like watching crap TV, drinking wine, painting nails and getting ready for an early night as we are up early in the morning for our flight to Ireland! So not too much wine hopefully. Flying with a hangover would not be an ideal start to my weekend.
I’ve skipped on buying cards this year for any of my friends so I hope they don’t mind too much, but I didn’t like the idea of not doing anything so I decided to make one of the most simplest little treats ever, seriously easy but still (I think) a nice little gesture to show someone you care.
There are literally five steps:
– Melt your chocolate – I just picked up a bar of Galaxy (114g)
– Using something heart shaped (I used a small candle holder) draw a stencil on a piece of greaseproof paper. Turn the paper over and your stencil should still be able to be seen.
– Using a spatula and then a large spoon, put some of the chocolate into the heart shape. Fill it out using the back of the spoon so that the chocolate is now also heart shaped. Don’t make it too thin – be generous when loading the chocolate onto the paper.
– Let it harden, I popped mine in the fridge for a couple of hours
– The next step is entirely optional, I melted a small amount of white chocolate, and then using a spoon drizzle it over all the hearts.
Of course these do not have to just be a Valentines thing, they could just be a nice little gift for a friend or for family, and the decoration possibilities are endless. You could make them all white chocolate, I was considering sprinkling dessicated coconut over the top. From a bar of Galaxy I got six small hearts. You don’t even have to make small hearts – you could make one massive slab, it’s entirely up to you.
How are you spending Valentines Day 2014??
<3 <3 <3